A tan is simply the skin’s natural reaction to sunlight, and so during the summer if you spend plenty of time outside you will develop a tanned and healthy glow. However, it can be hard to maintain the tanned look during the winter, unless you use commercial sunbeds. There are many places to buy a sunbed in Belfast to use at home or simply rent it for a short time. When you buy a sunbed in Belfast you can enjoy the convenience of having your own sunbed in your home and using it whenever you like.
When you buy a sunbed in Belfast it is important to keep in mind certain safety considerations when using it. If used safely the sunbed can give you a nice tanned glow, but if used unsafely it could be quite dangerous.
Here are some important tips to remember when using electronic sunbed:
– Children under the age of 16 should not use a sunbed. This is because young children have much more delicate skin than adults and they are more susceptible to damage.
– Be careful when using tanning oil on a sunbed, as some are designed for natural sunlight and not for artificial UK light. They can accelerate the effect of the UV and harm your skin. Always make sure that you use the right type of oil which is made for using on sunbeds.
– When you buy a sunbed in Belfast or anywhere you will be informed about the maximum dosage of time that is recommended by the manufacturer. Be sure never to exceed this amount of time.
– Always have a friend nearby when you are using the sunbed, so that they can wake you up if you accidentally fall asleep while lying in the sunbed.
– If you have a family history of cancer of skin disease, using a sunbed is not recommended.
– Avoid using a sunbed if you have previous sunburn, peeling skin, open sores, or a lot of moles or freckles on your skin.
– When you buy a sunbed in Belfast make sure that you also buy goggles or eye protection and wear this when you are tanning.
– Always remove your makeup and your jewellery before tanning. Some makeup can actually increase your sensitivity to UV rays so make sure that your skin is fresh and clean before using the sunbed.
– Certain medication will increase your sensitivity to UV rays, so check the warning labels on all of your prescriptions before using a sunbed.
– Don’t try to get a quick tan by having more tanning sessions than is recommended. You will suffer from painful sunburn.
-Wear goggles. These will protect not only the delicate skin around your eyes, but your vision as well. Sunglasses are not recommended, as they will not fully protect you. Use only the safety goggles provided by the salon.
-Ask a staff member to teach you how to operate the tanning bed. Find out what all the buttons do, and how to shut it off.
-Avoid prolonged tanning. You only need to tan for a few minutes, until your skin turns a light shade of pink. Excessive tanning can cause painful sunburn and damage your skin.
-Wipe yourself off with the towel provided after tanning. Salons also provide a smaller towel to wipe off any sweat from the bed. Do this as a courtesy to the salon staff members and to the next user.
-Don’t shower directly after tanning. Remember, the vitamin D3 that forms on the surface of your skin does not immediately penetrate your bloodstream, and needs several hours before being absorbed in your body. Instead, shower before your tanning session, and then bathe the next day.
Keep these important tips in mind when you buy a sunbed in Belfast and you will be able to keep your tan looking great all winter long.